Tuesday 16 April 2013

Freedom



Thursday 11th April

It's over.

Following the Driver Rehabilitation Course and the more recent DVLA Driver Medical, I'm delighted to say that the DVLA returned the licence today, formally ending the nine month disqualification. The medical is another part of the application process that few not involved with the Road Traffic Acts know about and is taken to determine whether post-conviction licence applicants are:

- alcoholics,
- have an alcohol dependence,
or
- have misused alcohol in the past year.

Failure on any of these tests results in an immediate further disqualification of 6-12 months.

Well, I'm delighted to say that I have indeed passed this medical.
I'm even more delighted that in addition to not being an alcoholic, not having an alcohol dependence or it seems, ever having misused alcohol, that my liver is in very good shape and free from any affliction, alcoholic or otherwise. The licence has been unconditionally returned and life can now carry on.

However that isn't the point of this post. The glee doesn't change the history. I have it in mind to become involved with a charity that can help with some of the issues I've experienced in order to see if I can put something back. I'll also continue to lobby to see if driver education can be extended earlier in the careers of new drivers as discussed elsewhere on this blog.
Having lived it, it is to my mind very important; and the work carries on.

No, the purpose of this post is to say thank you.
There are a number of you that have helped 'The MacLeod Team' through this challenging time and while I won't name individuals (some of you are Surrey Heath Conservative Association members after all and I'd hate to prejudice your careers by way of association...) there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we would have been sunk without you.

Thank you.
You have no idea how much you mean to us.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment